If you are searching for Ram Nath Kovind age, Ram Nath Kovind biography, Ram Nath Kovind Caste, Ram Nath Kovind Wife and family then you are at the right place. before knowing these things lets have details look about Ram Nath Kovind.
Ram Nath Kovind is an Indian politician and the NDA candidate for President of India was born on 1 October 1945. Kovind is a Dalit leader and member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). Ram Nath Kovind was Governor of Bihar from 2015 to 2017. BJP party president Amit Shah declared Kovind the NDA candidate for the post of President of India on On 19 June 2017.
He was born on 1 October 1945 to a farmer in Kanpur Dehat district, Uttar Pradesh. Kovind holds a Bachelors degree in commerce and an LLB from Kanpur University. after graduation, Ram Nath Kovind went to Delhi to prepare for the civil services examination and He passed this exam on his third attempt, but he did not join as he was selected for an allied service instead of IAS and thus started practicing the law.
He was Central Government Advocate in the Delhi High Court from 1977 to 1979 and served as a Central Government standing counsel in the Supreme Court from 1980 to 1993.
Ram Nath Kovind joined BJP in 1991 and was President of the BJP Dalit Morcha between 1998 and 2002 and President of the All-India Koli Samaj. Kovind married Savita Kovind on 30 May 1974. They have a married son, Prashant Kumar, and a daughter, Swati.
Ram Nath Kovind
|Ram Nath Kovind Bio|
|Real Name||Ram Nath Kovind|
|Profession||Indian Politician, Advocate|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Political Journey||1991: He entered politics by joining BJP and contested the Lok Sabha election from Ghatampur constituency in Kanpur Nagar district, Uttar Pradesh, but lost. Later, he also contested an assembly election from Bhognipur constituency in Kanpur Dehat district, Uttar Pradesh and lost again.
1994: Elected as Rajya Sabha MP from Uttar Pradesh.
2000: Re-elected as Rajya Sabha MP from Uttar Pradesh.
2015: Appointed as the Governor of Bihar by the President of India.
2017: On 20 June 2017, he resigned from the post of Governor of Bihar after his name was announced by the NDA as their nominee for the Presidential Election.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 68 kg
in Pounds- 150 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||White (Semi-bald)|
|Date of Birth||1 October 1945|
|Age (as in 2017)||71 Years|
|Birth Place||Paraukh, Kanpur Dehat district, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Paraukh, Kanpur Dehat district, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|College||Kanpur University, Kanpur|
|Debut||In 1994, when he was elected as Rajya Sabha MP.|
|Family||Father- Maiku Lal (Businessman, Vaidya or Practitioner of Ayurveda)
|Address||Raj Bhavan, Patna, Pin-800022, Bihar|
|Caste||Scheduled Caste (Koli - a weaver community)|
|Favourite Politicians||Atal Bihari Vajpayee
|Favourite Leaders||Mahatma Gandhi
|Wife/Spouse||Savita Kovind (Retired Government Employee, m.1974-present)|
|Marriage Date||30 May 1974|
|Children||Prashant Kumar (Son)
|Salary (as Governer of Bihar)||1,12,000 + Other allowances fixed for Governors (INR)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ram Nath Kovind
- Does Ram Nath Kovind smoke?: Not Known
- Does Ram Nath Kovind drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Ram Nath was born to a middle-class family in Paraukh village of Kanpur Dehat, which has a majority of Thakurs and Brahmins, with only 4 Dalit families in the village, including his family.
- His father was a “Chaudhary of Paraukh village”, a “Vaidya” (practitioner of ayurveda), an owner of a grocery and garment shops.
- He was a bright student who did his schooling from Khanpur town of Kanpur Dehat. Later, he moved to Kanpur city to pursue Commerce and Law from Kanpur University.
- After his graduation, he started preparing for the Civil Services examination in Delhi where he met ‘Jana Sangh’ leader, Hukum Chand (from Ujjain), after which he developed an interest in politics.
- He started his career as a lawyer and was enrolled as an Advocate in 1971 with the Bar Council of Delhi.
- From 1977 to 1979, he worked as a Central Government Advocate in Delhi High Court. During this period he also worked as a ‘personal assistant’ to the then Prime Minister of India, Morarji Desai.
- In 1978, he became an Advocate-on-Record of the Supreme Court of India.
- From 1980 to 1993, he worked as a Central Government Standing Counsel in Supreme Court.
- He practiced in Delhi High Court and Supreme Court for around 16 years. During this period, he played a pivotal role in providing free legal aid to the weaker sections of society, such as – SC/ST, women, needy and the poor under the aegis of “Free Legal Aid Society” in Delhi.
- In 1997, he joined the movement of SC/ST employees against the Central Government and eventually succeeded in getting those Government Orders, which were objectionable to the SC/ST employees, null and void by the passage of 3 Amendments to the Constitution of India during the first tenure of the NDA government.
- During his tenure as a Member of Parliament (MP), he worked for the upheaval of basic infrastructure for education in rural areas and construction of school buildings in Uttar Pradesh and Uttrakhand under MPLAD Fund.
- He was Member of following important Parliamentary Committees – Parliamentary Committee on Welfare of Scheduled Castes/Tribes, Parliamentary Committee on Home Affairs, Parliamentary Committee on Petroleum and Natural Gas, Parliamentary Committee on Social Justice and Empowerment, Parliamentary Committee on Law and Justice, and Chairman of Rajya Sabha House Committee.
- He was also a member of the Board of Management of Dr. B.R Ambedkar University, Lucknow, and Member of Board of Governors of Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata.
- In October 2002, he addressed the United Nations General Assembly in New York, representing India.
- He has also served as the national spokesperson of BJP.
- He was the former president of BJP ‘Scheduled Castes Morcha’ and ‘All-India Koli Samaj.’